Rev. Chandra I. Williams, Vice Moderator North
Rev. Chandra Ivory Williams is the newly elected Pastor of the United Missionary Baptist Church and the founder of Chandra Williams Ministries a ministry founded on the principles of Praise and Worship unto God. She is a sought after preacher, life coach, marketing and branding trainer and music workshop clinician throughout the country.
In 2000, Chandra heard the voice of the Lord and the call to preach and teach his word. She answered, “Here am I Lord, send me”. Since accepting the call she has not looked back. She is an example of the scripture being fulfilled, “Your gift will make room for you”. Her preaching ministry, along with her singing ministry, has blessed her with many opportunities. In October of 2012, Chandra was officially installed as Pastor to her home church the United Missionary Baptist Church, where she succeeded her father, Rev. Charles I. Williams Sr, who Pastored the very same church for 54 years. Since being installed Rev. Chandra has magnified the foundation of community outreach, evangelism, and missions in which United was built on.
For the past 3 years under Rev. Chandra’s leadership as Co-Pastor and now Pastor, United has:
- Grown its membership by 75%
- Established over 10 new ministries to support the Vision of United to improve the lives of Men, Women, Children and the Preservation of Marriage and the Family.
- Completed a $200,000 Sanctuary Renovation Project
- Annually contributed over $7000 to the National Baptist Convention USA Inc. Foreign Mission Board
- Held the Annual Back to School “Cuts and Curls” where United collaborated with local Stylist and Barbers and serviced for free over 100 students with FREE haircuts and hair styles.
- Adopted the Camelot Academy School for Behaviour Challenged Middle and High School Students (formally known separately as Daniel Boone and Carmen) in which the Rev. Chandra, along with members of United, tutor and mentor the students and support the staff.
- Held the Annual Community Prayer Walk at Robert Morris Elementary School, Camelot Academy, Reynolds Elementary School, and Vaux High School
- Hosted a Back to School Ice Cream “Happy Hour” Social for the youth in the community of United
Rev. Chandra’s faithfulness to God spreads beyond her home church. Rev. Chandra has also given her time and talent to her State Convention, the Pennsylvania Baptist State Convention in which she served faithfully as:
- Youth and Young Adult Music Coordinator
- Co-Director of Logistics
- Eastern Region Youth Director
State Youth and Young Adult Director
Because of her faithfulness, the Lord has enlarged her territory yet again and in October of this year, she will be installed as the 1st female VP of the Eastern Region of the Pennsylvania Baptist State Convention. The Eastern Region is considered by some to be the largest region in the parent body encompassing 4 Associations boosting a combined total of 136 registered churches.
Chandra received her formal education in the public school system of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. She began her college career at Virginia Union in Richmond, Virginia but finished at Temple University where she graduated with a dual degree in Elementary and Early Childhood Education. After teaching for 5 years, Chandra began a career at PNC Bank where she worked for 15 years winning numerous Top Sales and Marketing Awards. Rev. Chandra is presently enrolled in the Samuel DeWitt Proctor School of Theology at Virginia University in Richmond, Virginia working towards receiving a Masters of Divinity.
Chandra is the third child of Reverend Charles I. Williams and First Lady Louella C. Williams. She is the proud parent of Bernard “Tre” Lambert, III, who is the drummer for world renowned artist, Tye Tribett, has a international internet radio show and owner of his own clothing company, Onda1.
Chandra’s vision for the saints is that one day the people of God will walk in the prosperity that the Lord has promised. For the backslider, her prayer is that they would be reconciled to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. The joy and strength of her ministry is seeing and hearing men and women, boys and girls confessing their conversion and proclaiming their deliverance.